Spartan speak: Homecoming

Spartan speak: Homecoming

Yearbook

Yearbook

Yearbook

Victoria Mora, Reporter

The oracle asked students who attended this year’s homecoming what their opinions are about the spirit days, the rally and the actual dance. Here’s what Spartans had to say about the homecoming festivities. 

“The spirit days were really fun and the actual dance was well put together,” says sophomore Melanie Ibarra. 

“The decorations and the activities at homecoming were really cool but the actual dance and the music wasn’t what I expected. I really liked spirit week, I just  wished other students would have participated more,” says freshman Milania Espinosa.

“Everything was great but the music needed to be louder and the dj should’ve played more music that we like,” says freshman Echoe Barretto.

Sophomore Samantha Kirkwood says, “Spirit week was fun even though I didn’t do it, the rally was really entertaining and the dance was good.”

“I think the week was really good and everyone had a lot of spirit… The rally was the best rally we’ve had, and the decorations were great. They should have a variety of spirit days because they were really repetitive,” says sophomore Sabrina Dana.

“The week was cool with all the games and lunch time activities, the rally was pretty entertaining with the whole bird and spartan thing and the dance wasn’t great,” says junior Jenelle Zubiate.

“Well I thought the game room was a good addition to homecoming instead of it just being dancing. I was able to have fun and sit with my friends to play a game of uno,” Says sophomore Isis King.

“I liked the homecoming spirit week, the rally, and the game. I feel like it set a high expectation for the dance, but it didn’t live up to what I was expecting,” Says sophomore Vanessa Lopez.

“Personally, as an ASB member, planning was very fun. We were creative in coming up with LTA’s as well as the names to go with them. I am also super happy with how the rally turned out. The skit was a great idea implemented and the spirit item has sparked a new tradition for Orcutt Academy,” says Isis Perez.