The passionate Perez

The passionate Perez

Luke Perez is graduating from Orcutt Academy High School this June after completing his four years here. Perez transferred to Orcutt from Righetti High School, two days into his freshman year and has been here ever since.

Luke reflects on the beginning of his time at Orcutt Academy and how he has changed since then. “I think I have become more mature, as far as work and maintaining balance between my academic performance and my performance at work,” Perez explains.

Work is a big part of Perez’s life. He began working at In-N-Out Burgers his sophomore year and now has a second job at Bob’s Well Bread Bakery in Los Olivos. One of his only regrets is not trying any sports during high school because his main priority was work.

Perez attributes the English department at Orcutt Academy for a lot of his positive memories and personal development Teachers like Mr.Shaw, Mrs.Eubanks, and Mr.Culbara helped push him as a reader, and especially a writer when he became one of our Journalism Editors; “From there I saw myself just grow,” Perez reflects. His teachers are what Perez shares he will miss most after high school.

Perez decided to transfer to OA two days into the school year and confirms he is confident he made the right choice. Orcutt offers a smaller campus and smaller student body which made it easier for him to grow close to his teachers and peers. Perez affirms, “learning is a lifelong lesson.”

Perez is excited to continue his education at Westmont College in Montecito, California where he will major in Economics and Business. He will also continue to be a Young Life leader at a local high school. Congratulations Luke; you will be missed.

The Spartan Oracle. • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in