Orcutt+Academy+Students+hanging+around+at+break+

OA’s student body and its indiviaulity

Orcutt Academy Students hanging around at break

Marcos Gonzalez

Marcos Gonzalez

Marcos Gonzalez

OA’s student body and its indiviaulity

Orcutt Academy High School has many groups for all students to fit in. With different groups and squads of peers seen around the school, Orcutt Academy has quite a welcoming student body.

Here at Orcutt Academy High School, our school has many different groups of students. As you look around during break, lunch, or even passing periods, you can see groups of students clustered together. However, at Orcutt Academy something that seems to differ from other high schools is the near lack of stereotypical cliques. No distinct groups stand out as your stereotypical jocks, cheerleaders, nerds, or other clichés that can be more common at a larger school.

There are still some common themes you can see though as you look around: many of the robotics students or football players hang out with one another. This seems to be common with almost every sport at OA, as the size of our school makes it much easier to bond closer with those you do extracurricular activities with. There’s also clubs like SAGA, Christian Club, Asian Pacific Club and other groups based on a common interest or identity that we see friend groups formed through. However, groups of friends do not solely rely on common clubs or interests; there are many groups on campus that are made up of completely different types of people.

Overall, there seems to be a plethora of mixed and diverse groups of students all bonded by our school in one way or another. No matter what you are into or enjoy there is a place for you at Orcutt Academy.

The Spartan Oracle. • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in