Jaden Davis is getting off the blocks early this track season

Jaden Davis posing for a picture at Orcutt Academy High School where he will be competing in track this season.

Luke Perez

Luke Perez

Track season might still be miles away, but one Orcutt Academy student is still treating it like the home stretch. Jaden Davis is participating in an intense workout regimen to make sure he is ready to get of the blocks quickly for competition this season. We talk to Jaden Davis about his unique workout plan, and what his plans are for track this upcoming season.  

This year, Davis is training with Elite Athletics, an organization specializing in helping top athletic prospects in the Santa Maria area. He says that apart from his five-day-a-week gym workout, he is also running the dunes of Oso Flaco every Sunday. Then, on Wednesdays, he runs on Stillwell Hill in Orcutt. Davis states that he runs the 100 meters at Oso Flaco, and 600 meters at Stillwell Hill.

Davis says he is going to run several events this year in his journey to be number one. He is hoping to improve times in his 11.4 second 100 meter dash, 24.2 second 200 meters, 47.8 second 200 meter hurdles, and his 44.71 second 4X100 meter relay. He wants to push past these times and achieve new personal bests in an attempt to being first in his division.

With training so vigilantly this early before the track season, it begs the question, why does he feel the need to put in so much work this early on? Davis’s answer is straightforward and to the point, he says it’s “because I want to be the best, that’s why.”

Davis notes that “ [he] was second in the league last year and this year [he] wants to be the first.” Track is the only sport Davis will participate in this year, and the senior is putting in the work right now to be number one come springtime.