Spartan football tackles CIF

Spartan football tackles CIF

The Orcutt Academy football team played the 2018 season’s first CIF game on November 2nd at Santa Maria High School. The boys dominated the field with a 53-16 victory against Trona High School.

The spartan football team has been strong this year, with a total of 8 victories and 3 losses. Their victories sent them to the quarter finals on November 2nd to play against the Trona High School eagles. Winston Harris, a junior at OA and one of the captains on the football team, says the team is “as ready as ever” for the CIF games.

The Spartans started off the game against Trona strong and kept the lead through all four quarters leading them to an easy win of 53-16, with the Spartans moving on to the next round of the CIF games.

The Spartans had some setbacks earlier in the year after losing several key players from last year’s team, but head football coach Ben Alberry pushed the team to their limits making them the best they could be.

After the win against Trona, the Spartans will move on to the semi finals to play against Fresno Christian High School on November 9th. Although previously defeated by Fresno Christian earlier in the season, the Spartans are ready for their redemption and are prepared to take the eagles down once and for all.

We are so proud of our spartan athletes and can’t wait to cheer on our football team as they play in the semi-finals of CIF.