New Year, New Looks, Same Goal

Can anyone take the throne away from Golden State?

Bleacher Report

Bleacher Report

Neel Panchal, Reporter

It’s fall, and the 2018-2019 NBA campaign is underway as 32 teams begin to vie for the prized championship. Will LeBron James lead the new Los Angeles Lakers to the promised land, or will sharpshooter Stephen Curry, along with the powerhouse Golden State Warriors, win a championship for the third time in a row and cement the franchise as a dynasty? Let’s look at what we have to look forward to this upcoming season.

For the last few years the Golden State Warriors have put on a show and have been the clear-cut favorites to win the championship. With the controversial signing of star-studded small forward Kevin Durant onto an already powerhouse team, they breezed their way through the playoffs and booked their ticket to two straight championship runs. Through all of the big trades and contract signings, the Golden State Warriors are still the heavy favorite to win the title this year.

Into this season as number one ranked per ESPN Top 100, LeBron James decided to take his talents to the Los Angeles Lakers, and the 33 year old will look to lead the young core to dominate the West. With LeBron’s ability to dominate a game, and his quick, sharpshooting young core, the future is bright down in the city of angels.

With the number one seed in East last year, the physical and dominant Boston Celtics will look to win the East once again and knock off the defending champions, the Golden State Warriors. With the Celtics having arguably the most dominant defense in the league, and a downright lethal offense when they get it going, they definitely have the prowess to do so.

Teams like the Brooklyn Nets and the Orlando Magic looking for more of a rebuilding process than an immediate championship run, and they have many top draft picks on their team looking to make a statement. Guys like Mo Bamba and Trae Young are examples of some raw talent to be looking out for this season. Kawhi Leonard, a former 2 time Defensive Player of The Year, will attempt to revive the chances of the Toronto Raptors playoff contention, and back in the mid-west the Denver Nuggets look to surprise the rest of the league.

Casual fan or superfan, this season definitely has the potential to be one of the most entertaining and exciting years the league has ever had, so stay tuned for a lot of game winners, monster dunks, and crazy ankle breakers. It’s certainly time to play ball.

Neel Panchal, Reporter

My name is Neel Panchal and this is my first year taking journalism as a reporter. I am 16 years old and currently a junior at Orcutt Academy High School....