Flatley joins the Orcutt Academy family

Flatley joins the Orcutt Academy family

Ms. Flatly is helping a student with work

Nick Carlson, Reporter

Orcutt Academy High School began the school year with both new students and new teachers. One of these new teachers is Ms. Lauren Flatley, Orcutt Academy’s special education resource teacher.

Flatley grew up locally in Orcutt, California. In her years in school, she attended May Grisham Elementary School, Orcutt Junior High School, and Righetti High School. When it came time for college, Flatley first attended Allan Hancock College, then later switched to San Francisco State. This year marks Flatley’s second year of teaching.

Flatley shares her duties as a teacher, explaining, “I am a resource teacher, so I basically teach a study skills class, and I help kids with their homework.” Flatley shares that she teaches resource in particular because she likes to help the kids out and work with them. “It’s a fun group,” she comments.

Flatley decided to teach at Orcutt Academy High School because she grew up in the Central Coast area and heard it was a good school. Flatley believes the staff and kids at Orcutt Academy are “awesome, really respectful, and want to do well.”

Outside of school, Flatley states that she enjoys hiking, barbecuing, watching sports, and hanging out with family and friends.

All in all, Ms. Flatley is enjoying her time thus far at Orcutt Academy High School and is most definitely a great addition to the Orcutt Academy staff.