Spartan Speak: What is your opinion on having a homecoming court?

With homecoming quickly approaching, the Oracle asked ten Orcutt Academy High School students what their opinion is on having a homecoming court. Here’s what they said.

Junior Alyssa Sameniego stated, “I don’t think it should be a thing because not everyone is accepted.”

Junior Patrick Acasio said that he does not care for the idea of having a homecoming court.

Junior James Acasio said something similar to Patrick, stating, “I think it is stupid, honestly, because we don’t get a say in who’s nominated, and whoever gets nominated and loses will have low self esteem.”

Senior Cielo Ruvalcaba said, “I think it’s really cool and a good way to get to know more people.”

When asked for his opinion, Junior Pedro Santos said, “I don’t really mind it, but at the same time I think it is completely dumb.”

One student, who requested to remain anonymous, stated “I think it is a good idea, but I don’t like how the seniors are always elected.”

Another student, who also requested to remain anonymous, said, “Transgender students should only be able to be nominated for their birth gender.”

Junior Robbie Birch said, “I think it’s a good idea. I don’t think the way they pick the students is a good way. I think the students should choose who is nominated.”

Junior Caden McCune says, “I think it is a cool tradition, but there is no real value in it, other than it’s tradition.”

Junior Neel Panchal explained “I think it’s good, but it should have more meaning to it.”