Top 10: TLC shows

Spartan Oracle, Reporter

From all of the TV channels to learn from, you can certainly learn the most from The Learning Channel. From horrifyingly strange addictions, to not realizing someone’s pregnant, to watching a couple manage 19 kids, and to learning how to aggressively save coupons, TLC fully focuses on educating it’s viewers. Get ready to learn!

1. “Say Yes to the Dress”: Both a bridal story, and a fashion makeover, “Say Yes to the Dress” is the greatest show to ever exist–well, at least the 10th greatest. In every episode, the bride will end up saying yes to the dress but the real reason this is such a great show is because of the adventures along the way.

1. “Extreme Couponing”: If you’re looking for inspiration on how to save money, then ‘Extreme Couponing’ is the right educational show for you. TLC showcases just how clipping coupons from your local newspaper can lead you to buying 50 cans of SPAM and somehow get $120.00 in return. Money savers behold!

1. “What Not to Wear”: Stacy London and Clinton Kelly go straight for the kill, fashion-wise, that is, in ‘What Not to Wear’. These heroes go out and stalk the fashion victim and attempt to liberate these poor individuals.

1. “Extreme Cheapskates”: Do you believe laundry is a necessity? Not if it costs too much! This show contains the world’s cheapest individuals, constantly trying to beat the system and save money at all times for the most bizzare reasons.

1. “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”: Based off of “Toddlers and Tiaras”, TLC gives you an inside look on the lives of Alana “Honey Boo Boo” Thompson and her controversial mother, “Mama” June Shannon.” The TV show follows Honey Boo Boo and Mama June around in their daily lives in Georgia. The not-so-hit television show was canceled in 2014, but still remains one of the best comedy’s on TLC and is definitely worth the watch.

1. “My 600 Pound Life”: Following a year in the shoes of a morbidly obese person, “My 600 Life” gives you a reason to think twice about eating that Big Mac. Every episode starts with a person weighing around 600 pounds, and their transformation and journey to a healthy weight and lifestyle. If you need motivation to diet, “My 600 Pound Life” might just be the show for you.

1. “Hoarding: Buried Alive”: Feeling claustrophobic and suffer from second-hand embarrassment? Well, look no further because TLC dives straight into the lives of people who hold too many things too dear to their heart with ‘Hoarding: Buried Alive’. This show is worth a good watch, but only occasionally, because you might end up hoarding yourself.

1. “19 Kids and Counting”: This man has copulated with his wife TOO many times, or has he? Contraceptives no longer exist for this family from Arkansas, as they reach the whopping child count of 19. TLC follows this enormous family to find out firsthand what goes on in a house of 19 munchkins. A definite must watch for anyone who wants reassurance in their decision to never have kids.

1. “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant”: The stories in this show explain how people don’t realize that they are pregnant until the moment they are in labor. This show makes you ask the question “How can you NOT know you are pregnant?!” This show just might answer your question in the form of Oscar-worthy dramatic reenactments.

1. “My Strange Addiction”: “I feel like when I’m wearing a diaper, that it’s like a constant hug from my mommy.” The people on this show share their unhealthy addictions to weird, disgusting, and/or even deadly additives, such as eating entire beds, eating toilet paper, and drinking air freshener. The other shows on this list are great (hence why on this list), but this show outranks all the other ones, as itś the easiest to binge watch, as the strange addictions capture the viewer’s’ attention.