Korea bomb tunnel collapse

Robert Jimenez, Reporter

Frequent nuclear testing in North Korea has somewhat backfired on the North Koreans as a chaotic incident has occurred on the behalf of their nuclear tests. A tunnel underneath the nuclear test site, Punggye-ri, collapsed killing around 100 people. A search party was sent down to save the people trapped down in the tunnels when the tunnels caved in for a second time killing about another 100 people from the search party.
On September 3, a North Korean Nuclear testing site tested a hydrogen bomb. This is the strongest bomb test ever tested on Punggye-ri grounds. According to Fox News, the bomb test triggered a 6.3 earthquake causing the tunnels to cave in. About 100 people were found dead after after the tunnel collapse. When a search party was sent into collect those who survived the tunneled collapsed a second time killing another 100 people in that search party totalling to 200 people dead during the collapsing tunnel. Fox news also claims that other underground nuclear testing that has been going on at Punggye-ri may also have contributed to the second collapse of the tunnels at the site.
As much as the fear of unstable ground may seem to overwhelm those at Punggye-ri. Collapsing tunnels are not even their biggest problem. The bombs being tested under ground released radiation and now that the tunnels have collapsed the radiation is being exposed to those above the surface which is very dangerous. BBC news source reports that exposure to radiation can harm human cells and lead to illnesses such as cancer. Radiation has already spread to South Korea as Fox news reports there are already detections of Radioactive Xenon-133.
These nuclear tests are causing problems internally and externally, only time will tell when power hungry Kim Jong Un will choose to stop.