Orcutt Academy Drama to be performing Romeo and Juliet

On Wednesday February 12th, students across campus went out to audition for the drama classes spring production of “Romeo and Juliet”. Actors had the probability to try out for different parts such as Romeo, Juliet, Lady Capulet and the fryer. All actors were given 60-90 seconds to audition individually for up to 3 parts. The next day cast members were called back to audition but paired up with another student. People who didn’t want to audition for a specific part in the play were placed with crew members who work backstage with makeup, costumes, ect.

This year new assistant for Mr. Shaw, Emily Alvarado came out to help with this year’s drama program. She helps with the casting process and gives a second insightful view in auditions and direction. Alvarado worked with the Drama program occasionally through her four years as a student at Orcutt Academy. 

Along with these plays being done, next year Orcutt Academy will also offer a technical theatre course. In this class, teacher and drama director Mr. Shaw will be informing students about backstage work for plays. The main focus of this class will be to help students who are interested in being a part of the crew team, makeup, costume, and technical workings for the Drama Program.

“Romeo and Juliet” will be performed  from April 29th to May 2nd this year so make sure to stop by Spartans!