Spartans Speak: class ideas

Spartans Speak: class ideas

Orcutt Academy, stand too tall and you can see the entire campus. Although there are some pros to our small school, the size also limits how many electives are offered . With all the creative heads that roam around this campus there has to be more classes to fill each need. What class would you add?

“ I would bring back the intro to teaching class. Mr.Fredriks taught the class and I know that it was a great experience for a lot of people who did take the class. I personally wanted to dip my toes into that. I know that’s a career a lot of people are interested in, and through that, I know Hannah Fieros got more interested in special education teaching because of it and I would love to bring that class back so I can do the same thing.” -Marcos Gonzalez

“I would definitely add a culinary class or welding. I know that budgeting and money would be a big factor in doing so, but I believe that enforcing more labor education is very important because we are soon going to go off into the real world where we will have to do stuff like that.”

-Valerie Jimenez 

“ I would add another language, most likely Japanese because personally I really wanted to learn it, and I think we need more of a variety than just Spanish.”  -Jenelle Zubiate

“ I would like to add some type of women’s studies or women’s history class on campus. I find this topic really interesting and think it would benefit a lot of students on campus. Women’s history is often looked over in history classes, so this would help with that issue.” -Ariana Cross