“Murder in the Peacock Lounge” is going to murder expectations

Drama Production Article

Drama Production Article

Sean t

Drama Production Article

Sean t

Sean t

Drama Production Article

The Orcutt Academy High School drama class’s latest production, “Murder in the Peacock Lounge”, is an exciting and thrilling murder mystery.. The students are hard at work and will be fully prepared to put on an excellent show at the beginning of April..

OA’s drama class has produced many fantastic shows throughout the years; however, this new production, will be by far one of the most unique they have ever done.  The play was written entirely by F.C Shaw, and is being directed by her husband and OA drama teacher Mr. Michael Shaw. The play is a murder mystery which takes place in a mid 1900’s jazz lounge. To really sell this vibe, the show will be put on “in the round” meaning the audience sits on three sides of the stage, and will feature a live jazz ensemble made up of OA band students. Actress Edella Westerfield explained how interesting the inclusion of live music performers is: “We’ve got some talented [musicians] and it’s going to be a really interesting aspect of the play.”

And of course, another reason for the shows success will be its director: Mr. Shaw. Mr. Shaw has been a hard-working, dedicated director of the OA drama class for many years now, and Edella explained why the students love him.. “He’ll point things out that you don’t even think about when you’re the one on stage,” she says. Shaw works not only to put on great shows, but also help and teach his actors in the process.   

Overall, “Murder in the Peacock Lounge” is sure to be memorable. The show opens on April 11th, and there are shows on the 11th, 12th, and two on the 13th. Regular admission tickets are $10 and VIP tickets are $20 and are available in the Orcutt Academy Business Office and at Old Town Market.