Band and Choir spread holiday cheer at their winter concert

Choir and band will hold their concert December 13th

Adelyn Gaither

Adelyn Gaither

Adelyn Gaither

Adelyn Gaither, Reporter

With the holiday season now in full swing, families are searching for winter activities to do with their family. The Orcutt Academy High School band and choir will be hosting a winter concert on Thursday, December 13th at the Orcutt Junior High School gym starting at 7pm. The event will be free to the public.

Orcutt Academy has an incredible band and choir who will be coming together to put on their annual winter concert for anyone looking to hear a little holiday cheer. The concert will be jam packed with holiday songs recognizable by many. Although band and choir will not be playing in correlation, the students will be coming together to showcase their talents and display how hard they have worked.

Trenton Kozel, the drum major of the Orcutt Academy band, expects the concert to be “a great hit as it has been in the past.” The families of the students often come out to the concert and enjoy hearing their children’s talents, while students love hearing their peers sing and play an instrument and identify with the holiday theme.

Orcutt Academy’s band and choir has always had fun performing for friends and family at their winter concert. The students of Orcutt Academy work hard which  can be shown through their talents. Make sure to mark your calendars for December 13th at 7pm and get to this free winter extravaganza brought to you by the Orcutt Academy band and choir. Don’t forget to bring your holiday cheer!