Josh Dyson rolling the dice in soccer at Cal Lutheran

Josh Dyson with his Cal Lutheran University soccer team

For most high school athletes, their sport careers end following graduation, but for Josh Dyson, the story is different. After playing soccer for Orcutt Academy all four years, Dyson has gone on to play college soccer at Cal Lutheran University.

As a freshman on the soccer team, Dyson’s role on the team does not involve much playing, but more so observing, learning, and adjusting to the system of college sports. Dyson reports that within the Cal Lutheran soccer program, everyone on the team is fully committed and the environment is pleasurable to be in.

Adjusting to college life in general was a breeze for Dyson; the hardest part was time management. This is made evident with multiple practices, games, meetings, and film sessions student athletes have to endure. Avoiding procrastination is a necessary life skill to possess in college, because college students “don’t have their parents or high school teachers in their ear telling them to get their stuff done”, according to the OA graduate.

Josh Dyson does not miss high school, but he is glad for all the fun memories he had. While Dyson does not miss his high school, his high school soccer coach, Mr. Bennett, continues to brag about his exceptional soccer skills. We at the Spartan Oracle are proud of Josh Dyson and all he has accomplished in his academics and athletics.