Winter festivities? Not before finals

Winter festivities? Not before finals

Finals are coming up to close out this semester, and to the unaware freshman, our finals schedule can be a little confusing.

The way finals schedule works is three days of minimum days where we take two finals a day. The first day is finals for period 1 and 4, the next being 2 and 5, and lastly of course the last day of finals is periods 3 and 6. The Monday before the finals blocks acts as a review day for students, and the minimum day after allows for makeup testing.

Some people has put forth the idea that this schedule isn’t the greatest way to arrange our finals. I disagree with this sentiment; the way finals week has been functioning is reasonable, and I feel it really helps our students perform their best. The Monday before finals is a helpful day for students to review material, and the shorter days allow for less stress for students. I feel if we had a full day of finals, the stress of more than two finals a day would be too much. The days being minimum are also helpful, as it gives students more time after school to prepare for their finals for the next day.

Finals week, although stressful, has been successfully paced to make the ordeal as easy and smooth for students as possible. OA has done a great job creating finals week for students with the first day being review, and the last being a makeup day. I can not say that I’m looking forward to finals, but I am looking forward to the shortness of finals days, and the weeks off to follow.