Cuffing season is canceled

At+the+nipomo+football+game+earlier+this+year%2C+cheerleader+Marcos+Gonzalez+and+Tiffany+Vuong+are+posing+for+pictures.+

Cuffing season is canceled

At the nipomo football game earlier this year, cheerleader Marcos Gonzalez and Tiffany Vuong are posing for pictures.

“Cuffing season” has arrived! It’s the season where people are scrambling to find themselves significant others. With the holidays coming up, high schoolers are eager to find someone to go on Christmas-themed dates with. However, a question is raised from this: should high schoolers even date?

Based off of personal experiences, my answer is a strong no.

Yes, the idea of having someone to love and show/receive affection is comforting and ideal. To me, I wouldn’t want to be in a relationship if there was a lack of pure intentions and the feelings are not genuine or well reciprocated.

At this age, high schoolers often look for the aesthetics in a relationship, and that’s okay. However, I think it’s important to remember that a relationship starts from a strong connection. You can’t be with someone if you don’t have that connection, and you can’t just jump into a relationship without fully knowing that person and their values.

Throughout my experience at Orcutt Academy, I have seen many high schoolers start a relationship for the wrong reasons, such as getting revenge on their exes, messing around, or filling the void of being “single.”

Many people rely on their significant others as their source of happiness. Obviously, they can make you happy, but they cannot be the only reason why you’re happy. You should learn to love yourself completely before you give that love to someone else, because if you don’t, the small amount that they “love” you will seem like a lot, when it’s really not enough. I think this is why people my age seem to “settle” for boys or girls who truly do not deserve them.

Many people constantly look for love in someone else, when they really could just find that love within themselves.

Along with relationships comes growth. I have learned all this from my previous relationships. That is the reason why I choose to focus on myself and recommend it to other people my age. I couldn’t have learned all this without going through “fake” relationships myself.

For the longest time, I thought the idea of love was what social media and society made it out to be. Like everyone else, this is what I strived for, but now I know to invest my time and energy into myself opposed to another individual who is on their own path to personal growth.

Tiffany Vuong, Reporter

Hey Spartans, my name is Tiffany Vuong and I am currently a sophomore. This is my first year writing for the Spartan Oracle, and I couldn´t be more thrilled....

1 Comment

One Response to “Cuffing season is canceled”

1. Trenton Kozel on December 17th, 2018 1:10 PM

Excellent article! The varying length and purpose of paragraphs is extremely engaging. Something that would help to elevate this even further would be quotes, thoughts, or opinions from other high school students.

• Cuffing season is canceled

The art of procrastination

• Cuffing season is canceled

Cambria lights overrated?

• Cuffing season is canceled

Our fields need fixing

• Cuffing season is canceled

Sports during winter break… really?

• Cuffing season is canceled

Winter Break: too late, or just right?

• Cuffing season is canceled

Ask Athena

• Cuffing season is canceled

Could Red Dead Redemption 2 be the most popular game of 2018?

• Cuffing season is canceled

Is everyone judging you?

• Cuffing season is canceled

Classic literature: blessing or curse?

• Cuffing season is canceled

The not-so-secret network of students running our schools

Cuffing season is canceled