Filed under Opinions, Showcase

A classic P.H.E.W. review

A classic P.H.E.W. review

This week we are going old school at school. These are our recommendation for a throwback PHEW.

Hmmmm, well I am supposed to write a PHEW review but I literally haven’t listened to a single song, movie or tv show that has been released in the past six months. Oh I know, instead of trying to act like I actually have knowledge of pop culture, I’ll just give my suggestions on the classics. So Buckle Up, because here is my PHEW review, classic edition.

Play This: Super Mario Brothers N64

The debate over which installation in the Super Mario Bros. franchise is the best is one that philosophers will continue to ponder till the end of time. But for me, the argument is long over. The Nintendo 64’s version of the classic game gives players one of the most interesting story lines as well as in-game worlds of any Mario game I have ever played. So go find yourself an old N64 console on Craigslist and fire that puppy up! You won’t regret it.

Hear This: Billy Joel’s Piano Man

Ok I admit that this isn’t exactly the most under-the-radar song, but Billy Joel’s “Piano Man” is a sensational song. Whether you’ve listened to it once or a hundred times, you should go turn it on right now. Like, right now. Why are you still reading this, you should be thumbing through your Spotify or Apple Music, looking for this masterpiece! Well, maybe you should read over my other classic suggestions before you leave this page. Hear me out.

Eat This: Blast 825

Are you a fan of delicious flavor? Well than the restaurant formerly known as Rooney’s Irish Pub is for you. I kid you not, their burgers may have been the best I have had in a long time. Of course their menu offers many other items for you to enjoy, which makes it a must-go for a person of any culinary persuasion.

Watch This: The Terminal

This is one of Tom Hanks least-known movies, yet a must-see nonetheless. The Terminal stars Hanks as a foreigner stuck in the international lounge of the New York Airport, unable to leave because he doesn’t have a country. The film is whitty, extremely heartwarming, and well done overall. Definitely worth multiple watches.

Caden McCune, Reporter

I am excited to start my first year in journalism and learn more about the world of reporting news. For this year I hope to be able to learn how to become...