Filed under Opinions, Showcase

Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

Lauren Tittes and Eston Williams playing a game, eating, listening to music, and watching a movie.

Hope Davidson

Hope Davidson

Play this: Cornhole

Nowadays, we live in a world where everyone is addicted to their phones and not too many people are playing outside or using their imagination. But I have a game to get you out of that rut: cornhole. Cornhole, or better known as “bean bag toss”, is a game where two teams take turns throwing their colored bean bags into the hole in the wooden platform on the opposite side. Now this doesn’t sound too exciting in theory (I’m aware), but once you get into the game, you don’t want to stop playing. It’s a wonderful way to take a break from technology while enjoying the crisp, autumn weather.

Hear this: Labrinth, Sia, Diplo

“LSD” is a musical group formed earlier this year, comprising of artists Labrinth, Sia, and Diplo. The group has released a total of three singles throughout the past few months, including “Genius”, “Audio”, and “Thunderclouds”. All three songs each have a unique beat created by Diplo, while Sia and Labrinth lead the vocals for the duration of the songs. In my personal opinion, Sia’s voice is phenomenal in each song. Personally, my most favorite song of the three releases is “Genius”, yet they are all worth a listen. The group will be releasing a full length album later this year, which everyone should be excited for.

Eat this: Honey Sticks

As we say goodbye to those warm, summer days, we say hello to autumn and all the cozy things that surround it. A Central Coast fall favorite destination is Avila Barn, where you can feed the animals and eat some of the best food. While they sell many comfort foods, one item often goes unnoticed: the honey sticks. The honey sticks are sold for just 25 cents and come in 10 different flavors. These honey sticks are perfect for those who have a sweet tooth but don’t want the guilt of eating a whole dessert. A steal of a deal, scrumptious, and with a slew of nutritional benefits, honey sticks are a foolproof snack for the anyone.

Watch this: The Nun

If you’re into comedy movies with a dash of suspense, The Nun is right up your alley. You may be asking yourself: isn’t The Nun a horror movie? Well, initially it was intended to be a scary movie, yet the movie fell far from its intentions. While it had a few jumpscares, the movie was just so poorly made that it had me laughing the whole time. As a person who gets scared by a pen dropping, I was not phased by this movie at all. The plot line was very predictable and the “scary” parts were awfully executed that it made them humourous.

Hope Davidson, Reporter

Hello, my name is Hope Davidson and I’m a senior here at Orcutt Academy. I’ve lived in Santa Maria for 11 years now, but previously I lived in Morro...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review”

1. Lauren Tittes on October 19th, 2018 9:07 AM

I loved everything you wrote about, especially the movie and song. It’s always fun looking at what other people’s interests are and what they like to do.

2. Matt LaRocco on October 19th, 2018 9:13 AM

Your ‘play this’ is spot on Hope. Cornhole is hands down the greatest party game ever.

• Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

California’s natural wonders

• Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

Yasss Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody is magnifico-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

• Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

Crusty on the outside, tender on the inside

• Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

Empty-handed upperclassmen

• Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

There’s plenty of “Room” for this book on your shelf

• Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

Crazy little thing called Bohemian Rhapsody

• Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

What’s there to do on a Friday night?

• Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

Sports: effects and importance

• Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

Low salaries for Orcutt teachers

• Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review

Four ways to feed your soul…and your stomach.

Just in time for fall: P.H.E.W review