Cuffing Season Date Ideas

A. L., Reporter

This time of year the weather gets colder, the sun goes down earlier, and people look for a special someone to spend their days with. That’s right, it’s cuffing season, and my single self is already sick of it. Since I won’t be partaking in this romantic period, I thought I would push my fantasies onto others and propose some lively date ideas for all the lovebirds out there. So here it goes:

1.Don’t Just Cook For Them, Cook With Them

No one likes to be alone in the kitchen, so grab your date and fix a meal together. The key is finding a dish that’s creative and tasty. Try taking inspiration from a quirky TV show or movie. Wouldn’t it be fun to recreate spaghetti tacos from iCarly, or concoct your own pint of butterbeer? Maybe not. If that doesn’t do it for you, hit up Buzzfeed’s Tasty videos to get some delicious ideas.

2.Up the Endorphins

Did you know that the release of endorphins can trigger feelings of euphoria, pleasure, and sensuality? These special neurotransmitters could be the key to a blissful date. A proven way to activate endorphins is to exercise, so say goodbye to Netflix and chill. For an adventurous date, consider hiking. There are plenty of great trails on the central coast, including Little Falls Trail and Reservoir Canyon, both in San Luis Obispo. If you’re not into the outdoors, then take your activity inside. Rockin Jump, an endless trampoline place in the Santa Maria Mall, is a wonderful spot for hanging out and having fun. They even have neon nights, where everything glows under the black lights. As my favorite running shoe brand might say, just do it.

3.Test out Time Travel

Go get your poodle skirt, or your hair gel, and take a trip back to the 1950s. For a wicked cool date, your first stop has got to be a diner. Check out Pappy’s in Santa Maria, which has been serving up burgers and fries since 1959. There’s only one rule: if you get a milkshake, you have to share it. After you’ve stuffed yourself full, head over to Santa Maria’s drive in theater and bask in it’s old-school charm. Don’t forget to load up on some movie time snacks. If the night is still young, you can cruise around town, or go enjoy some modern activities.

4.Spa Night, Just Right

This one’s for all the home-bodies out there. A spa night is perfect for relaxing and spending time with your date. Step one: get a face mask that’s lively. Aztec Indian Clay Mask makes your face pulsate, while Elizavecca Carbonated Bubble Mask grows and froths on your skin. The next requirement is having food delivered. Once this date starts you are not to leave your home, okay? So get your spa tools, your take-out, and flick on a movie, because the night is for you and your special someone.