Girls Varsity Soccer Game

Girls Varsity Soccer Game

Junior Brooke Stewart

Junior Brooke Stewart

Junior Brooke Stewart

Junior Brooke Stewart

Hope Davidson, Reporter

The girls soccer season has kicked off and is now in full gear! Varsity put up a valiant fight in their most recent game at Rice Ranch against the Atascadero High School Greyhounds.

The game ended in a loss for the Spartans with a final score of 6-0, but that’s not to say that the Spartans didn’t go down easy against the giant public school. On the defensive side, starting freshman Abby Valencia exhibited extraordinary goalie skills in the box, saving many goals with beautiful dives and jumps. In the front, Marianna Chavez put on a spectacle as she interweaved through Greyhound players with her outstanding footwork. Brooke Stewart, center forward, was fighting a fever during the game, but showed no signs of sickness as she took hits and blows from the other team and dribbled the ball upfield numerous times.

Junior Alexx Asencio expressed her excitement for the season. She looks forward to seeing the talent of new and returning players shine on the field. Alexx is hopeful that the team will qualify for CIF this season.

The Los Padres League officially starts for the Spartan girls on December 12th against the Templeton Eagles. In the meantime, go support your Lady Spartans at Pioneer Valley High School on December 4th at 5:30! From all of us at the Oracle, best of luck to the girls soccer team!