Class of 2019: A Large Presence

Class of 2019: A Large Presence

Class of 2019 BBQ Tickets!

Class of 2019 BBQ Tickets!

Class of 2019 BBQ Tickets!

Class of 2019 BBQ Tickets!

The Class of 2019 is about to kickstart their fundraising for the year. This Saturday, September 23, the Class of 2019 is hosting a barbeque on the Orcutt Academy campus. This fundraiser, along with Club Day and the Junior Parents Meeting, is the Class of 2019’s first major effort to establish a large presence at Orcutt Academy this year.

On Saturday, September 23, the Class of 2019 is hosting a barbeque on the Orcutt Academy campus from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Each ticket costs $10, and people will receive a tri-tip sandwich, chips, and a drink. Juniors were given three weeks to sell these tickets, which were turned in last week. They sold over 200 tickets, and the club still expects walk-ups, especially from the soccer games being played on campus. They are hoping to make about $2,000 from the barbeque.

Along with the barbeque, the club is planning to fundraise this Friday at Club Day. They will sell snacks that are compliant with the nutritional guidelines, including baked chips and cookies. Also, at Junior Parents Night on Wednesday, September 20, Class of 2019 President Robert Jimenez, Vice President Celine Busnelli, and Treasurer Rachel Golden (myself), as well as former president and student representative Alejandra Ramos, made an appearance at the meeting to talk about fundraising and parent involvement.

The Class of 2019 is determined to have a successful run during their remaining two years at this school. The Spartan Oracle wishes the class the best of luck in their fundraising endeavors.