Filed under Opinions

10 Best Cereal Brands

Cereal is and has long been America’s #1 choice of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For my top 10 article, I decided to put my top 10 cereal choices in order.

#10. Waffle Crisp – At #10, Waffle Crisp has always, in my opinion, been under the radar amongst people’s top cereal choices. It’s sweet, and tastes great with or without milk. What tops it off is it’s radical waffle shapes.

#9. HoneyComb – With a sweet, honey flavor that graces your taste buds, HoneyComb’s are definitely in my top 10. Similar to Waffle Crisp’s, HoneyComb’s unique “honeycomb” shapes are what makes it stands out.

#8. Cinnamon Toast Crunch – A cross brand between Nestle and General Mills, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is definitely for those who love sugary cereal. And while this isn’t always my favorite choice of cereal, sometimes I crave those Cinnamon Toast Crunch bites.

#7. Cookie Crisps – You know, I can just see the guys who created Cookie Crisps, sitting down at a coffee table with the TV on, and just living life. When one guy wanted cereal and the other guy felt like cookies and milk, the third guy thought of an idea. From there, the rest is history. I don’t know if that’s the way it happened, but I can imagine it went that way. Cookie Crisps are such a great invention.

#6. Special K (Red berries) – The only considerably healthy cereal to make my top 10 cereal list is Special K, the strawberry kind, that is. At number 6, Special K has always been there for me when I’m severely hungry and wanted to eat “healthy.” All in all, it works out.

#5. Frosted Flakes – Here’s where things start to get interesting. My top 5 cereal choices all happen to be the worst for you, and I guess you can interpret that for where I am in life right now. Anyways, I have many memories eating Frosted Flakes, from the time I ate them religiously everyday at camp, to the time I ate a whole bag in less than 15 minutes. Frosted Flakes’ simple yet refreshing taste has drawn me towards it since childhood.

#4. Fruity Pebbles – YES, Fruity Pebbles. They are the ultimate binge-eating food item to ever be thought of on this Earth. Plus, you know those HUGE bags of the off-brand Fruity Pebbles you can get at FoodMaxx? They’re only like $4.00 max. Pretty insane. What draws me the most to Fruity Pebbles is the incredible sucrose that is in the bag, and how big of a bowl I can fill up with all of those pebbles.

#3. Reese’s Puffs – Now the next 3 cereal brands are the big guns; the go-to’s, the first brands to come to my mind whilst in the grocery store. At number 3, Reese’s Puffs perfectly balances, as the commercial says, “peanut butter, chocolate flavor!” Great. And the thing that tops it off is the fact that you don’t have to purchase chocolate milk while you have Reese’s Puffs, for the milk turns chocolatey after you pour the cereal in… What a concept.

#2. Pops – What a controversy. As I typed this Top 10 Cereal Brand list, there was an uproar in Journalism. On one side, people said Pops were flat-out disgusting, and that I should be admitted into a mental institution for my insane reasoning. However, on the contrary, there were those who stood with me, those who defended the simplistic and crunchy cereal that Pops prides itself as. As a result, I decided to put them at my number 2 spot, to show the haters that they are a great cereal, and support my friends who love them as well.

#1. Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch – NOTHING in the world, not even my past nine favorite cereals can compare with Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. Why is that? My reasoning for loving Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch are the memories I have with them. From eating them like every day for my entire elementary school career, to binging on a whole box in under 30 minutes in middle school, I can definitely say that the Captain was right about those peanut butter puffs. I have truly found love with a food item, and I don’t know if that’s healthy or not.