Filed under Opinions, Showcase

Grease Review

This past Saturday, I got a sneak peek at how our choir’s lovely production of Grease is coming along in preparation for the show’s premiere this Friday.

Rehearsal started off a little bit rocky, then again, it was 10 AM on a Saturday and most people weren’t fully awake yet. However, once the cast woke up, things got rolling as well as the wheels on Greased Lightning. The cast seems to know the lyrics and their lines well as well as their placings on the stage, likely due to hours and hours of rehearsal.

Act 1 was still a bit under construction. Kitty Balay- noted actress of PCPA- was present to help Mrs. Kintzi with the cast and the placing as well as acting of some scenes. Some little things here and there got switched up and improved such as having Rizzo (Megan Morowitz) stand up on a bench in Look at Me, I’m Sandra Dee to help make her more the center of attention and showy, to having the T-Birds and Danny Zuko (Andrew Genge) make some noise and be more rowdy. The adjustments made by Kintzi and Balay were beneficial. Summer Nights and Freddy My Love both looked and sounded very good, so I have high hopes for them and know they will be wonderful.

Act 2 started off on a high not with the song It’s Raining on Prom Night performed by Cierra Husselstein (Sandy Dumbrowski) and Cianna Williams (Cha-Cha Digregorio) and going right into the school dance scene. The choreography worked great and the cast seemed lively and energetic up there as if it were a real dance. Shaking at the High School Hop and Born to Hand Jive were as fun and jumpy as what you would expect from the musical and will make you tap your feet and Beauty School Dropout is turning out great with good vocals and a costumes.
The cast and and Kintzi are still working out a few minor kinks to make sure the show is perfect by Friday night, but the show looks like it will be a success. I can’t wait to see it all live and in action this week. The show runs  at 7 pm on the Friday the 19th and Saturday the 20th and the final show is at 2:00 on Sunday the 21st.