Filed under Expressions, Showcase

Open Letter to Mr. Pedersen

Dear Mr. Pedersen,

This is a letter to remind you of how incredible you are.

Mr. Pedersen you are not just a teacher. You are a friend to all, a role model and a motivator. Your students describe you as, “charismatic, wise, and kind.” This could not be more true.

As an instructor, you take on every class with the task of educating kids about the past, though the greatest lessons you provide are about the future. Beyond the history of America, you are directing your students to be prepared for what they will encounter later in life. Your teaching extends above the curriculum and guides students to be better learners and citizens, including myself.

When I first joined your class, I was predicting a simple history course in which I could impart very little effort, but still end up with good results. Luckily, I was wrong. Your class has challenged me to be more focused, detailed and devoted to my work. With your help, I have gained a better understanding of what true effort and discipline actually are. Honestly, I am more proud of every A- I earn in your class than of any A+ I receive in another, because I know that my work is judged at a higher standard. Overall, I expect more from myself, because you’ve expected more from me.

Mr. Pedersen, I would also like to applaud you for doing your job with such a positive and passionate attitude. When you teach, it is clear from your actions the love you have for history and the pride you take in your students. You make learning about the past exciting and liven up every class with your fun stories and humor. The enthusiasm you express for your teaching has even inspired me to pursue a career involving history because I’ve seen how enjoyable it can be through you.

Thank you Mr. Pedersen for pushing me to do more than the bare minimum. Thank you for caring about your students and setting them up for success, not failure. Thank you for leaving retirement to spend your time with a bunch of rowdy teenagers. Thank you for the smallest of things, like being a fast grader, or always checking the temperature so that your students aren’t uncomfortable. Thank you for being patient and gracious. Thank you for being someone your students can look up to.

Thank You,

Alee Lamica

1 Comment

One Response to “Open Letter to Mr. Pedersen”

1. Krysten Parker on April 1st, 2017 9:58 PM

This warmed my heart. We love you, Mr. Pedersen!

[Reply]

• Open Letter to Mr. Pedersen

Kintzi’s art students bring beauty

• News

Messy Campus

• Opinions

Top Ten Things Mr. Gelotti Complains About and Mr. Shaw’s Solutions

• Open Letter to Mr. Pedersen

10 Best Cereal Brands

• Opinions

My Top 10 Disney Movies!

• Opinions

Do students like assigned reading?

• News

Private Lives In The Public Eye

• News

Assessing AP Testing

• Open Letter to Mr. Pedersen

Showcase

May 24, 2017

• Open Letter to Mr. Pedersen

PHEW Review – Noah Jackson

Open Letter to Mr. Pedersen